Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 171 / 26 To Go: Busy Sunday...

Posted by: Cris

It's only day one of Grandma's visit and we've already been busy busy busy. Despite being up super late, Nova came strolling into my room at 6:30 this morning; Juneau was up shortly after that and the day was off and running in spite of the fact that I wasn't ready to be. The girls were awake...but not really. Like any good grandma, ours came equipped with some presents... Juneau and Nova had been dying to tear into these jigsaw puzzles that Mammaw Nova had sent in their Easter boxes last week. I had been holding them off with "when grandma gets here you can do them with her." Little did I know but Grandma Saccenti HATES working puzzles...oops :) I finally chipped in at the end to help finish Mickey The girls gave Grandma the grand tour of the house and yard this morning Then it was off to Costco. Both girls fell asleep on the way there and Juneau ended up sleeping in the cart for the whole ride while I carried Nova through the store. When we got home grandma had them running around some more with a walk through the neighborhood and sidewalk chalking on the driveway with the cool Easter egg shaped chalks that Mammaw Nova also sent in her goodie box. Dinner on the lanai... It is truly sad that we already take for granted sitting down for dinner with this beautiful weather and view but Grandma who had snow in Ohio like, last week, insisted on dining al fresco. We capped the busy day off with a trip to the NEX to get a blow-up pool for the girls to use with grandma this week and supplies to color Easter eggs. I think the next 2 weeks are going to wear the girls out for sure!

No comments: