Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 183 / 14 To Go: I won't miss...

Posted by: Cris

I didn't hear from Emilie tonight so hopefully that means she is officially on her way home. She was scheduled to leave Jalalabad and head for Bagram either tonight or tomorrow. She didn't call tonight so hopefully it is because she was enroute to Bagram.

Meanwhile, we headed out for dinner with Melody and the Friday night gang at Red Lobster.

She's cute...she can't help it. Juneau could manage to look over the edge of the wall to see how high up we were...

Nova needed a little help.



Melody brought princess crowns and necklaces from her collection for all the girls to wear.

Nova showing off her crown and her busted lip from today's trip to Shopping Play.

Tonight, the tally was 5 Adults and 7 Children. We felt VERY outnumbered. Additionally, Tim and I were the sum total of the "Y" chromosomes in the group. We definitely felt VERY VERY outnumbered.

All three of us can color all at once if we crowd in really tight.





Sisters sharing a color...

After eating dinner, we trekked out to the edge of the marina right across the street.



This vantage point is significantly closer than our usual spot at Magic Island so it is noticeably louder, as Juneau will confirm.

Heading for home after the fireworks...

Today was the last week I will be staying late in the Anatomy lab on a Friday afternoon until sometime next Spring. This group of medical students was awesome to work with, especially since some of them were my former students when they were taking anatomy while working on their master's degrees, so I will miss work with these guys but I will NOT miss being in the lab at until almost 5:00 on Fridays!


As it turns out, Emilie just called and hasn't quite started the journey but her departure is imminent. Godspeed mommy!

No comments: