A few pictures provided by Aunt Wallie of yesterday afternoon's fun at Melody's:
Notice Woody in the background, never too far away :)



The girls are seriously obsessed with Flarp! Again today, they waned to sit at their table and play with it for over an hour and a half.
I've realized in the last couple of days that stress of all the craziness of the last couple weeks has taken it's toll on my sweet little Nova. My busyness dealing with broken cars and sickness and broken sump pumps while still trying to make progress on the yard (which has morphed into also attempting to toad-proof the yard) has meant giving the girls much less attention than they need. Since her sickness, Nova has been seemingly constantly on the verge of tears and has a meltdown at the slightest thing. Case in point, this morning she crawled into bed with me and watched an episode of Mickey and was very happy. When we got up and headed upstairs, she was fine until she got to the top of the stair and walked toward her little table to sit down for breakfast. They had moved their chairs yesterday into the living room so they weren't at the table and when Nova walked up to the table and her chairs were gone, she had a total meltdown. For the most part I've been dealing with it as an immediate "time-out" situation and she struggles to get herself under control for 15-20 minutes. This morning, after a meltdown over something else equally ridiculous, I just picked her up and she snuggled herself down against my neck and just clung to me. At that point I decided that all projects were on hold for the weekend and we just spent the day together playing, taking a nap together and lots of holding.
Tonight I'm letting them stay up and fall asleep watching Ice Age and have a slumber party on the couch cuddling with daddy...bad parenting guilt at it's finest.
As I type this Nova has just fallen asleep laying on one half of my lap and Juneau is laying on the other half of my lap trying to stay awke until the end of the movie. Hopefully their resilient nature can handle it for another 68 days and maybe beyond if that creeping feeling that I've been having that Emilie (and the girls) will be stuck in Colorado next year ends up happening.
I've realized in the last couple of days that stress of all the craziness of the last couple weeks has taken it's toll on my sweet little Nova. My busyness dealing with broken cars and sickness and broken sump pumps while still trying to make progress on the yard (which has morphed into also attempting to toad-proof the yard) has meant giving the girls much less attention than they need. Since her sickness, Nova has been seemingly constantly on the verge of tears and has a meltdown at the slightest thing. Case in point, this morning she crawled into bed with me and watched an episode of Mickey and was very happy. When we got up and headed upstairs, she was fine until she got to the top of the stair and walked toward her little table to sit down for breakfast. They had moved their chairs yesterday into the living room so they weren't at the table and when Nova walked up to the table and her chairs were gone, she had a total meltdown. For the most part I've been dealing with it as an immediate "time-out" situation and she struggles to get herself under control for 15-20 minutes. This morning, after a meltdown over something else equally ridiculous, I just picked her up and she snuggled herself down against my neck and just clung to me. At that point I decided that all projects were on hold for the weekend and we just spent the day together playing, taking a nap together and lots of holding.
Tonight I'm letting them stay up and fall asleep watching Ice Age and have a slumber party on the couch cuddling with daddy...bad parenting guilt at it's finest.
As I type this Nova has just fallen asleep laying on one half of my lap and Juneau is laying on the other half of my lap trying to stay awke until the end of the movie. Hopefully their resilient nature can handle it for another 68 days and maybe beyond if that creeping feeling that I've been having that Emilie (and the girls) will be stuck in Colorado next year ends up happening.


No comments:
Post a Comment