Last night before we were in bed and Nova was having a breakdown, I was telling the girls that I had to go back to work today and Nova said "I will miss you while you are at work tomorrow." That might have been why she got so interested in the super cool "ABC's with Daddy" book that Emilie had made for me last year for Father's day...it is a personalized picture book of every letter of the alphabet with something that applies to our family, especially me and the girls. It sits on the table normally and will continue to do so, especially next year when I'm separated from them.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Day 151 / 46 To Go: Learning in disguise...
Posted by: Cris
Last night before we were in bed and Nova was having a breakdown, I was telling the girls that I had to go back to work today and Nova said "I will miss you while you are at work tomorrow." That might have been why she got so interested in the super cool "ABC's with Daddy" book that Emilie had made for me last year for Father's day...it is a personalized picture book of every letter of the alphabet with something that applies to our family, especially me and the girls. It sits on the table normally and will continue to do so, especially next year when I'm separated from them.
Apparently though, the end result was a tear on one of the pages that they were very apologetic for when I got home. A little tape fixed it right up.
Nova showing her bitty baby how to get up on high-heels because, after all, Nova is a pro at it.
The girls especially look forward to me coming home because they know they can hit me up to play on my iPad.
I don't have to feel guilty letting them play because for $2.99 I downloaded a "SuperWhy!" reading game so while they think they are getting to play a game, I'm actually tricking them into reading...I've had to figure out over the years how to trick their mommy into learning some things by disguising them as entertainment so why not apply these principles to parenting.
Last night before we were in bed and Nova was having a breakdown, I was telling the girls that I had to go back to work today and Nova said "I will miss you while you are at work tomorrow." That might have been why she got so interested in the super cool "ABC's with Daddy" book that Emilie had made for me last year for Father's day...it is a personalized picture book of every letter of the alphabet with something that applies to our family, especially me and the girls. It sits on the table normally and will continue to do so, especially next year when I'm separated from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment