Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 138 / 59 Days To Go: Bad Moon Rising

Posted by: Cris

Sitting at her table today after nap eating her snack...

...Juneau was obsessed with the fact that she could see the moon during the day.
Leaving aside the Creedence reference in the blog post title, the moon has been out during the day this week and Juneau has seen it several times and is so amazed. Ever since she became cognizant of the moon and stars (and Venus) at whatever age that was, she has been super interested in them. I think this is the first time she has realized that you can see the moon sometimes during the day. Even though her favorite planetarium movie talks about that fact, this is the first she has experienced it for herself and she thinks it is super cool.

I found myself really enjoying and savoring every little hug, snuggle, bedtime story and bath time fun with the girls today realizing that I'm going to have to miss a whole lot of that next year. Ever since we got the Toy Story 3 book from Aunt Donova, we have read a story out of there every single night at bedtime. I snuggle down in the bed between the girls and they each cuddle in really close, Nova always laying her head down on my arm and Juneau resting her head against my shoulder. It has become the highlight of my day.

These 2 little girls have had enough of not having their mommy here. Tonight at bedtime I said to the girls "I miss mommy, don't you?" and Juneau said "I hope she comes back...I saw an airplane and I thought mommy might be on there and come home but she wasn't".

I know 2 little girls who are going to be super happy in about 59 days (and a daddy too)!!

No comments: