Posted by: Cris
I hope you will all forgive my lack of photos for this post but in light of tonight's news, I don't have the energy.
Emilie recieved word a little bit ago (and then immediately called me) that the Army is going to make her stay in Colorado next year. This means that the four of us will not have the opportunity to finally be together and settled in our new home until September, 2012.
I'm really at a loss right now for the right words. We both really felt like it was the right thing for me and the girls to come back here this year. We knew that it was possible that it wouldn't come through for Emilie to come back here after her deployment but based on the assurances we got from several people ("I've known [the guy who does assignments] for along time and if he says it will happen, then it will happen") I figured it was probably 85-90% liklihood. But, apparently we trusted the wrong people (a.k.a "the army") and so here we are.
After spending pretty much every moment of the last 2 years as the primary care giver for the girls, the thought of being away from them next year for some long stretches of time is really hard to take at the moment but we've known for a while that it would be best for the girls to be with Emilie next year if we were separated. Now we just need to figure out our childcare situation for next year.
We appreciate your prayers right now. It is hard to describe how devastated we are at the moment by this news.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh, no! I'm devastated for you guys. I'll pray that a miracle happens and you all will be able to be together as soon as Emilie's back stateside. Sending big hugs from Petunia and me.
Oh no!! My heart is just breaking for you all!! I'm with Susan...miracles can happen and we will be praying that yours and Emilie's prayers will be answered and 60 days is all you will be separated. xoxox
Post a Comment