After 2 days of nothing but stay-at-home fun, I actually had to spend a somewhat long day running around and actually working. I ended up in the anatomy lab for the afternoon stumbling through more Japanese vocabulary and realizing I might actually want to devote the time to using our free Rosetta Stone resources through the military and see how much Japanese I can learn next year while I'm sitting here in Hawaii without my girls.
While I was away today, apparently Juneau and Nova were in full princess mode:
The drive home was an adventure as they were warning of a high wind advisory up in the mountains (which I have to drive over everyday on the way to and from work). Sure enough, coming up the hill toward the tunnel I thought I was on the verge of getting blown off the road.
And even though it had been sunny in Honolulu, when I came out the other side of the tunnel, it was quite the different picture.
Just so everyone doesn't think EVERY day is perfect here in Hawaii, the normally beautiful view from my lanai looked like this when I got home at 5:00.
But, even that was kind of cool as I could sit and watch the wind blowing the sheets of rain out of the cloud out over the ocean and rolling up the side of the mountain.
When the weather is TOO perfect ALL the time it actually gets a little boring so last night and today's wind and rain has been a bit enjoyable. :)
I haven't given a report on Emilie for quite awhile: She is doing well and alternating between crazy busy work days and slow, almost boring at times, off days. Things have been relatively quite for the most part and her business is luckily due to stupid run-of-the-mill sickness, injury, etc. and not anything catastrophic. The first people from the unit that will be replacing hers will start arriving soon and then the slow process of swapping out will commence. Unfortunately, Emilie is in the last group out and not the first so it still seems quite a ways away until she is headed home. But, the days keep ticking down slowly but surely and eventually we'll get there. My target at this point is 30...I think at that point it will be a small enough number that it will seem like we are actually getting close...only 21 blog posts until we get there.


No comments:
Post a Comment