Onto happier topics:
The girls have kind of been ridiculous the last couple days. Lots of free entertainment for me... A mischievous pair...
Lunchtime - check Juneau with the casual legs crossed look sitting their like she's a little adult.
Junean was very proud of the Shrek she made with her "Scarf" (this is what she calls her Flarp)
Nova informed me she was holding her crayon the way grandma taught her to...
The girls had been asking forever to eat these spiral Minnie Mouse lollipops that came in a care package a while back...tonight we finally cracked them open.
In our nightly routine, we headed downstairs to read a Toy Story book story. I was tired of the girls picking the same stories every night and arguing about who's turn it was to pick so recently we decided to read the stories from the beginning of the book to the end. So, we still end up coming across stories we've already read 5 times...like tonight.
So, when we opened the book and saw the story the girls already knew, Nova said "Read it in Spanish!" - This is what I'll call the "Dora Effect".
When I told her I couldn't read it in Spanish she said "No, I'LL read it in Spanish" to which Juneau quickly followed with "And I'll tell you what she said".
So, Nova started into "reading" each page in Spanish which amounted to her sticking her tongue partially out of her mouth and doing a combination of talking and spouting gibberish that sounded like a lot of "blah bluuu blih bloo bwaaa" and Juneau would follow with a summary of what that page said in the story.
I think I nearly broke a rib trying to hold in my laughter as I sat there and turned pages and they continued their Spanish with English translation of the story until it was over. Probably the funniest thing they have ever done.


2 comments:
My kids have been doing a form of this lately too! Paxton will start just babbling and I'll jokingly say he's speaking in Korean for us and after he's done Naia will tell us what she thinks he's said! Kids are TOO funny!
How horrible about the helicopter crash. I'll remember everyone involved in my prayers.
Love, love the story about your little Spanish-speaker and her interpreter! How adorable are they?!
Post a Comment