Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 139 / 58 To Go: First Kill

Posted by: Cris

The girls got an early start on a fun day...

Reading their favorite Toy Story book... It's amazing because Juneau with her memory will sit there and tell the story back through with details that I don't even remember from the story even though there isn't a single story in there that we've read a second time.
Sticker time...

Some general craziness...
Making a rocking cradle for their toys out of the buzz lightyear bowling rug...
Juneau loves a good apple: ("I don't want it cut up, I want to eat the whole thing")
The pack got their first confirmed kill in the new yard...this nice big rat:
We're not sure which one it was but we're putting betting odds on Summit.
Denali enjoying a good howl to celebrate.
While we were enjoying our evening, mommy got up early and ran the St. Patrick's day 5k with her and her friends adorned with these hats and lei's courtesy of a care package from Aunt Coral. Emilie said the costuming was a big hit.
Bedtime has now been moved back a half hour as the girls' bedtime routine has continued to expand so that after we finish a Toy Story book bedtime story, the process is just beginning. Every night they seem to add a new style of hug that is an absolute necessity in order to be able to go to sleep. Plus, about a week ago, Juneau was taking forever to go to sleep and one of the times I went down to check on her she said she had peed in her pull-up. I got on her a little and told her even though it was okay to pee in her pull-up if she was sleeping, if she was still awake that she needed to get up and go next door to the bathroom and sit on the potty. Well, every night since then, Nova gets up (usually on her own after I leave the room) and I hear rustling down in the bathroom and she has gotten up to sit on the potty - an excuse to delay going to sleep just like inventing new hugs. But, to her credit, even if she sat on the potty immediately before going down to bed, she still manages to push a little more out every time :)

No comments: