Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 68: Our Honor Defend...We Will Fight To The End For...OHIO!!

Posted by: Cris

The tone of this post could have been considerably darker had Solomon Thomas not picked off that pass to seal the Buckeyes victory tonight in the Sugar Bowl. But, after a rough start to 2011 for me, finally the Buckeyes send me to bed with a smile on my face...that smile is even a little bigger out of how proud I am of my wife that she was watching the game on AFN - although, it is likely she was only watching so as to know whether or not it was safe to call home tonight or whether she should wait a couple of days to talk to me.

"Giant pop-pops from Chuck E. Cheese are my favorite" - Juneau and Nova love to call everything their "favorite". But their game day gear is on and ready for the Sugar Bowl to start. With the big game in full swing in the background, the attention spans of Juneau & Nova (& Brent) necessitated a little bit of a break to roughhouse.


But, as the game crawled into the late hours, the girls were ready to settle down and cuddle with daddy.
By the start of the fourth quarter, 5 kids were all asleep on the floor in the living room. This arrangement worked well until Thomas snagged the interception and the 3 adults started screaming so loudly (Ed was clearly the loudest) that it was amazing that only 2 of the 5 kids woke up.

And tonight there is much rejoicing for Buckeye Nation!!

"...Time and change will surely show...How firm thy friendship...O - HI - O!!!"

Go Buckeyes!!

3 comments:

Cris and Em said...

you know me tooooooo well! :) right before that interception i said "well, i guess i won't be calling cris tonight!". haha! glad that with a sick dog, and a broken van, at least your buckeyes pulled through for you :) love you!!!
mommy

The Efirds said...

I'm pretty sure that after that interception, Even I, a semi-Hog fan started singing O-HI-O!!! Congrats on your win!

Donna said...

I have to admit that I am from Arkansas and it is a sad week around my state...lol. I for one never even knew that there was a football game going on until it was almost over. Unless its a hockey game I just don't keep up with it. Congratulations on your Buckeye's win.