I hate these days where Emilie and my work schedules are totally off and as a result we don't get to talk at all or only in passing. Yes, I know it could be worse and that in days of yore, it was only possible to write a letter, wrap it around the foot of a pigeon and maybe it wouldn't get shot while it flew to the front lines of the battlefield and located your loved one. But, at this point I'm used to being able to talk to Emilie most days and being able to make it feel like she is closer than she really is...today wasn't one of those days. Luckily I was super busy at work and once I came home so it went quickly, but even more than usual, I was thinking about my beautiful wife throughout the day and pictures like these flash through my memory while I'm sitting at my computer or working on the fence:
One of the first pictures I had of Emilie when we started dating. Even though this picture goes back a time (Em is about 22? here) it was and continues to be probably my favorite picture (other than the one of almost this exact same pose on our wedding day). I still have this pic as my lock screen on my phone.
These 2 pictures are actually how Emilie looked when we first started dating. I've always loved her with long blond hair but how cute was the short reddish hair, right?
This one is from the same era as the first picture - also one of my favorites:
These 3 pictures happened before Emmie and I met. Who would have thought on that day that those actions would play out with a trip to Afghanistan and a daddy and 2 beautiful girls anxiously waiting at home in Hawaii for mommy to come home:So, even though nothing exciting really happened today (worked all day, girls played with grandma, ate dinner at Moe's) and I didn't have time to take any pictures of Juneau & Nova (and that is what everyone wants to see anyway), I figured I'd try to capture in a post what I think about while I'm going through my day since LOML ;) left. This turned out to not be a bad representation. Don't worry, tomorrow we are resuming Friday night fireworks with Melody so I'm sure tomorrow's post will be more like normal and less like a bad Inception sequel.


No comments:
Post a Comment