Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 75: Why my wife will hate my cousin Tim after reading this post...

Posted by: Cris

The plan had been formulated that would let my mom and Wallie spend the day hanging out again (all under the guise of letting Juneau and Nova come play with Melody). After my morning class, I buzzed home and brought grandma and the girls over to the Hamilton residence and they all hung out there while I went back and finished my long teaching day. By the time I got back, Melody was home from school and the playing was in FULL swing.

In a rare quiet moment, Nova and Melody sat and colored for quite awhile. Nova colored every bit of 3 whole pictures red, refusing to switch colors (even though they had a 64 color box of Crayola's...WITH the build in sharpener) because "red is Buckeyes"...That's my girl!
No trip to play with Melody would be complete without the girls all dressing up and putting on a parade of sorts.
Unfortunately for Emilie, Tim and I went outside to play with his new Christmas toy: a Parrot AR Drone.

Tim had been telling me about this thing and how much he wanted one leading up to Christmas and he must have been good this year because Santa came through.
This sweet remote control helicopter is controlled through an app on his iPhone and it has 2 on-board cameras that relay what it sees back to the screen on the phone.
This thing flies smooth and is ultra-sweet.

I was super honored that even though this is Tim's new toy and he is super careful in his flying and afraid of wrecking it, he offered me a round on the controls and...
...unfortunately, now I am totally hooked and MUST HAVE ONE!
Plus, Tim says I REALLY need to get one so that he and I can play the interactive app game where you can fly them around and have virtual "dog fights" on the video on your phone based on the actual flying of the drones and shooting virtual missles at each other.

I tried to take a video of Tim flying it but it didn't do justice to it as much as this:
And before my wife thinks that she if off the hook because I don't have an iPhone, they do make an Android controlled version. And apparently, they sell these things at Brookstone...just sayin'

Finally, just to demonstrate I am a good sport, here is the picture that Beth took of me wearing the "pearl" necklace from Melody's princess dress up set that would barely fit around my neck and still hook in the back. There were requests at the dinner table for me to post this picture so here it is:

2 comments:

Cris and Em said...

so, i'm guessing the AR Drone would make a better birthday gift than the ultra-cool electric toothbrush i was going to give you? haha!why does it not surprise me that my nerdy professor husband and his techy architect cousin love this thing????

ajsknrmat said...

Oh I'm with you Em. As soon as my hubby sees this he is going to want it too and will immediately look for a friend to talk into getting one as well so they can virtual dog fight too. Oh yay. (extreme amount of sarcasm!) LOL!