Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 91: My TI-99 rocked too!!

Posted by: Cris

I finally am back in the world of the fully functioning cell phone. After dealing with random things failing on my phone over the last month but not having the time to address it, I finally made it to Sprint last Saturday while mom took the girls shopping at the Aloha Swapmeet. They agreed that the phone was beyond screwed and ordered a replacement which I finally got today. It is amazing how spoiled I have gotten in a scant 10 months of having a smart phone. What cracks me up the most is remembering that my first computer (a Texas Instruments TI-99) had 16k of memory (my phone has 512 MB). Modern technology rocks!

Nova loves to lounge on the couch in the morning for awhile and wake up slowly...so she doesn't get only her cuteness from her mommy!
Juneau on the other hand is usually ready to hit the ground running.
An Oreo for dessert at lunch...is there anything better?

The Stickley girls are single handedly keeping the Gogurt folks in business...
Nova could eat probably 5 at one sitting if I'd let her.
Working to get the VERY LAST DROP out!
Today, I made official reservations for 3 special dogs to get on an airplane and fly to their new home. Unfortunately, they have to fly out of Indianapolis on a 6:20 a.m. plane and they have to be there 2 hours prior to the flight...which means mom and dad have to drive 1.5 hours from the farm to Indy and be there at 4:30 a.m. when they open. I feel bad about it but the solace I have is being a parent now and knowing that I would totally do that and much worse for Juneau and Nova...
Now that the flight plans are made, I'll offer a sneak peak of a portion of the fence project that has reached the completion phase (well, it still needs painted to match the house).
I'm thankful for Nelson's help and previous building experience or else I wouldn't be to this point by now. He's been helping me on this project most days since we got back from Ohio. A few more hours or work and the upper yard will be completely ready for the dog's arrival and we've already started on the preliminary work in the lower yard - which mostly involves hacking weeds and then digging post holes in dirt that is riddled with volcanic rock that has to be dug out with every shovel full...very slow going.
One funny note: About a week ago, we put in the only post so far that had to be cemented in. We mixed the cement in a bucket with a shovel and it was a total pain in the butt. After I poured the cement and was out checking on it the next day, my neighbor Jeff was out on his deck and checking on my progress. "Yeah, I cemented this post in yesterday and I'm just seeing if it's going to be solid enough"...."How did you mix the cement?"..."Just in a bucket...it kind of sucked."..."Oh, I have a cement mixer you can use" - While that would have been valuable information 24 hours earlier, it was still super valuable information since I have to sink 8 more posts before all is said and done.
Tomorrow we are mixing things up a little for our friday night outing with Melody and the gang. Stay tuned...it should be a blast!!

No comments: