Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 85: Happy Birthday Brenty Boy!!

Posted by: Cris

Today was Birthday number 9 for Juneau & Nova's super cousin - Brent / Brenty Boy / T-bone. Brent is always full of energy and willing to play anything wild with my girls and they love that about him. Brent is the sharpest 9 year old you've ever seen when it comes to building machines with Lego and similar construction materials. He had mastered all of the 12-15 year old kits by the time he was 8. I think the next logical step is for him and his dad to build a for real robot.
Happy Birthday Brent! We love you bunches!! Once again, we employed the Friday plan of taking Grandma and the girls to Aunt Wallie, Oma and Melody's house (okay, Tim and Beth's house too) while I spent the afternoon in the cadaver lab with the medical students.
I'll take a picture of you taking a picture of me taking a picture of you taking a picture of me!!
Though not from today, some serious fence building has been going on...
Finally, after a rush trip home between classes, I dropped the gang off for a fun filled afternoon with Melody.





For dinner, it was off to the fabulously local kine, Likelike Drive-In

Don't look at the camera Nova! Don't do it!!

Likelike Drive-in...home of the best banana pancakes on the island. Only 1 thing had changed about the place since the last time I was there about a year and a half ago...they now take credit cards. That's right, up to that point I think they were the last remaining restaurant in the U.S. to only accept cash.


Nova ate a WHOLE banana pancake...I could barely eat a whole banana pancake...granted, mine was attempting to be eating along with a Loco Moco.

Alyssa was all about the hot dog tonight.

There's a chance that this was the biggest party of haole's (white people) they've ever served at the Likelike. Tim and I decided that Juneau gave us at least a little "local street cred"

Of course, the night wouldn't be complete without everyone crowding onto Aunt Beth's lap.
In one of only a few rare instances, we actually made it to Magic Island tonight in time to watch the fireworks and let the girls run around like crazy monkeys...



Goodnight hugs all around!
Special thanks to Tim for being in charge of getting pictures for tonight's blog in the wake of my camera difficulties today. The blog has become a bit of a team effort amongst our group of Hawaii family...especially since now it has become the means by which Tim is chronicalling Melody growing up without having to maintain a blog himself :)

No comments: