Juneau

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 93: Dug a hole...Ran a half marathon

Posted by: Cris

What is the point of a repair service or the cable company telling you they will be there between 8 and 12 when really they mean "we'll get there eventually"? Today we sat around all morning waiting for the repairman to finally come finish fixing the dishwasher. He did eventually make it and luckily, since grandma isn't here anymore to keep us in clean dishes, we have a functioning dishwasher.

So in general, we spent all morning playing around the house and making a total disaster of the living room. It made me realize how much I needed to go out and buy some other storage devices as a means of organizing their toys (which we bought tonight on our trip to the NEX).

The funniest game of the morning was "pretending to be sleeping in a pull-ups box"
Once the dishwasher was fixed and the girls actually did settle down for a real nap (in their bed, not in a pull-ups box), I went out and finished digging the monster corner hole that the main corner post for the chain link fence on the bottom yard will be cemented into. Even though digging through layer after layer of volcanic rock was extremely slow going, I did manage to create a hole that is awaiting about 5 cubic feet of concrete. Stick a metal corner pole into it and fill the inside of the pole with concrete and that sucker isn't ever going to come out of there.

Meanwhile, while I was sweating on this side of the world from digging a hole, my awesome wife was sweating her way through her first half-marathon. Yes, that's right, FOB Fenty conducted a for real half-marathon complete with t-shirts for participating. And from reports, she kicked butt. Way to go sweetie!! As rewarding as digging a hole can be, I'm glad you did something more valuable with your day that I did :)